- The chosen topic must address any regional security issue or theme relating to Southeast Asia.
- The winning essay will be assessed in terms of 1) depth of research; 2) high writing quality; and 3) innovative analytical approach to the chosen topic.
- Submissions must be between 3000-5000 words (excluding bibliography).
- Essays must follow ANU policies on student assessment and academic integrity.
- Any academic referencing style is accepted but must be used consistently.
The winner will receive $500 and a certificate of recognition.
1. A soft copy of the essay
2. Contact details of the author(s).
3. A statement of nomination, with reference to the Prize Criteria above (max 300 words).
Closing date: 1 November 2023.
Announcement of results: 1 December 2023.
The prize winner will be decided by a selection committee chaired by Dr Maria Tanyag (IR Department, Coral Bell School).